What Is an Interface Engine?
The Role of an Integration Engine in Modern Healthcare
The interface engine is primarily responsible for connecting disparate systems through HL7 and other standards. A typical healthcare organization needs this type of connectivity to allow systems to exchange patient data. The advanced technology of today’s interface engines presents unlimited opportunities for improved patient outcomes, revenue cycle performance, and overall enhancements to care efficiency.
Key Functions of a Modern Interface Engine
- Migration of EHRs and incorporating new applications efficiently. IT teams easily connect new EHRs or incorporate new applications into their infrastructure.
- Quick deployment and delivery, ready-to-deploy interfaces in minutes or hours rather than days, weeks or months.
- Promotion of seamless new interfaces. Move tested interface mapping and processing logic into production with a few clicks. Revert to an earlier version of the interface, if needed.
- Maintenance of high availability and disaster recovery. Ensure that data continues to be processed during downtime or unplanned emergencies.
- Exchange data with web APIs and HL7 FHIR. Securely and efficiently exchange data using the most modern data exchange standards.
- Creation of logical workflows that alert the right people when problems arise.
- Easily monitor and know the status of every interface.
- Grant access to colleagues that engage in patient care. Empower analysts, managers or executives to have customized views of their interfaces and workflows.
- Improve work satisfaction and productivity with powerful features and ease of use.
- Excel in a hybrid integration environment. Integration of data between cloud and on-premise system.
Lighten Your IT Workload with Our Interface Engine Support
KPi-Tech Interface team has a full understanding of hospital business processes and healthcare vendor systems. You can rely on us to help you with any or all aspect of interface development and implementation. We have experience in creation of the following for our clients and are counting :
Get HL7 Interface Engine Support on a Budget
For over two decades, KPi-Tech has been assisting hospitals in accomplishing their integration objectives, regardless of the technology in use. With a track record of deploying over 1000 interfaces across many hospitals and 700 vendors, we have extensive experience in the field. Whether you require comprehensive outsourced management of your integration engine or staff augmentation, our Integration team is equipped to provide the exact level of support you require. We have hands-on experience with these and other interface engines:
Healthcare information systems such as EHR and Practice Management platforms. Our services include programming Mirth interface engines for seamless data exchange, Healthcare systems, leveraging HL7 messaging protocols, developing web services, implementing Mirth Mail for messaging, and programming Mirth plugins to extend functionality.
Iguana Integration Engine
With our expertise in Iguana, a powerful healthcare integration engine, we facilitate the exchange of data between disparate systems, ensuring smooth interoperability. We provide expert Iguana integration services, including configuration, customization, and optimization of the platform to meet the unique needs of healthcare organizations.
Cloverleaf delivers a complete integration suite renowned for its ease of use, power to handle complex integration, security and customer proven scalability and reliability. Our offerings include expert guidance in design, addressing security requirements, implementation specifics, conducting impact assessments, and ongoing maintenance support.
Corepoint offers a simplified approach to interoperability for hospitals, radiology centers, laboratories, and clinics. With Corepoint, we facilitate data transformation, mapping, and routing, allowing for accurate and reliable information exchange between different healthcare systems.
Rhapsody Integration Engine
Rhapsody is a customizable, all-inclusive interoperability solution that enables reliable data integration within complex healthcare environments. By leveraging Rhapsody's capabilities, we streamline workflows, enhance data exchange, and improve overall operational efficiency within healthcare organizations.
Interface Engine Consulting and Replacement
Healthcare CIOs often grapple with the challenging choice of consolidating their interface engines and interoperability providers. Currently, IT teams employ a mix of interface engines and vendor-specific physician office integration solutions for different integration tasks. These intricacies, coupled with upcoming requirements for meaningful use or HIE integration, create a pressing need for a comprehensive and high-performing interoperability platform.
When it comes to interface engine replacement, KPi-Tech is your ideal partner. We specialize in assisting organizations as they evaluate crucial organizational decisions, offering a range of services to help you upgrade to a more robust and fully functional interoperability platform. With our expertise, your organization can streamline integration processes and make informed choices to optimize your healthcare IT infrastructure.
Benefit from Our Best Practices and Deep Knowledge Base
Depend on the expertise of our certified interface engineers who excel in handling intricate integrations of systems from various healthcare vendors.
Rest assured that we can handle interface work proficiently, regardless of the integration engine being used.
Trust our Integration team to assist you in meeting evolving Meaningful Use Objectives and complying with industry standards and regulations.
Count on us to support your understaffed IT department when needed.
Complex Integration Support
Receive reliable, fast, flexible, cost-effective interface support available 24/7/365 through our staffed support center.