Continuous Integration and Deployment
The objective of this project is to embrace Continuous Delivery principles to enhance the organization's software delivery procedures and enable quicker releases, better software quality, and more efficient engineering workflows.
- Continuous delivery of mobile applications
- Reduces code complexity, possible vulnerabilities, and code duplications
- Better collaboration between teams’ s delivery of software
- Reduced Deployment Failures, Rollbacks, and Time to Recover
- Reduced time to market
- Release mobile app to multiple environments and stores
The goal is to provide continuous integration and delivery, which allows developers to integrate code several times per day, enabling quicker error detection and shorter application release cycles.
DevOps Engineers created a CI/CD pipeline using Bitbucket as a source code repository, Jenkins as a CI, and Fastlane as CD automation tools to speed up the deployment, testing, and to produce the highest-quality code, our team employed SonarQube and quality gates that were advised by the industry. The stages of the mobile app delivery lifecycle contain building, unit testing, monitoring each stage via slack notification, address every aspect of continuous delivery.
These are a few of the solution's crucial components:
- Dedicated alpha & beta environments in the Apple & Play store .
- Integrated Unit and Smoke tests within the Pipeline .
- Quick detection of errors, vulnerabilities, code duplications and bugs.
- Pipeline stage monitoring.
Jenkins, SonarQube, Fastlane, Bitbucket, EC2 MAC instance, Slack
- The development cycle was sped up and the risk of manual error was eliminated with a fully automated CI/CD system.
- 30% of developers’ time is now invested in coding instead of manual deployments and resolving the bugs
- Manual implementation for a CI/CD solution would have taken around 3-4 hours and de-bugging an error would take the whole day. But with fully automated CI/CD solution, the entire process was completed in 10 minutes.
- Code duplication was reduced by 25%
- Efficiently improved code coverage from 25% to 90%
- 98% of the Code Smells, vulnerabilities bugs & Hotspots were removed.